5 Remedies for Christmas Overindulgence
Free Discovery Call
A free 20 minute call for you to find out how homeopathy could help you, and what to expect from working with me.
Christmas. Love it or hate it, it’s on its way. Christmas fayre and the general no-holds-barred attitude to eating, that seems to accompany the Christmas spirit (in both senses of the word) will take a heavy toll on our digestion. Fine if yours is iron-clad, but mine is not. So if you also suffer when you over-indulge, read the quick-fire guide below to work out which remedies will best help you get through the Christmas overindulgence. You can self-prescribe these remedies, but please make sure you follow the guidelines below on how to take them, as homeopathic remedies are taken very differently from conventional medications. Also, these remedies should only be used for occasional digestion problems. If your problem is chronic or ongoing, then you should seek deeper homeopathic treatment.
1. NUX VOMICA 30c – Hangover, indigestion or nausea from too much rich food or alcohol
This is the number one overindulgence remedy. I never go anywhere without it, as I suffer from a generally weak liver that doesn’t tolerate fatty food or alcohol well. And I do so love cream on everything! So I really need this remedy at Christmas. It is also great for hangovers, if those hangovers involve feeling nauseous, and maybe a headache that is aggravated by light and noise. Another symptom that can indicate the need for Nux Vomica, is if drinking alcohol affects your sleep, especially if you wake around 4 am.
2. ZINCUM 30c – Hangover from too much wine
If you are someone who is particularly sensitive to wine (especially red) and can be affected by even a small amount, then Zincum will help. People who need this remedy also get drunk very easily.
3. LYCOPODIUM 30c – Headaches from acid indigestion
Headaches from acid indigestion? Take Lycopodium. It’s also a great remedy for those who suffer from constipation when they travel.
4. CARBO VEGETALIS 30c – Heartburn with burping, flatulence and bloating
This is the one to take if you get heartburn with wind at both ends! To qualify for Carbo Vegetalis, the bloating needs to be above the navel.
5. ARSENICUM ALBUM 30c – Vomiting and/or diarrhoea
Then of course, sometimes the cause of being out of sorts at Christmas is not always overindulgence. It may be gastric bug around Christmas time. So if you are unlucky enough to succumb, try Arsenicum Album. It is the no. 1 remedy for gastric bugs. But it only works where the accompanying symptoms include weakness, and sometimes chilliness and anxiety as well.
Guidelines for taking homeopathic remedies:
- Take 1 pill 10 minutes away from food or drink
- Suck the pill, do not swallow it or take it with water
- The frequency of the dose increases the effect, NOT the number of pills you take at once
- 1 pill an hour if symptoms are intense, 1 every 2-4 hours if less so.
- STOP if no result after 2-3 doses
- STOP as soon as you see marked improvement and RESUME if symptoms relapse
- NEVER TAKE REMEDIES IN ABSENCE OF SYMPTOMS
- Go to your GP / A&E if you have any cause for concern
Where to buy homeopathic remedies:
Bigger branches of Boots may stock some of these remedies, but certainly not all of them.
You can order online from: Helios Homoeopathy or Ainsworths.
If you want to explore whether homeopathic treatment is for you, sign for a FREE 20-MINUTE CONSULTATION with me.
Free Discovery Call
A free 20 minute call for you to find out how homeopathy could help you,
and what to expect from working with me.
Leave a Comment